LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help in coding LABVIEW

No, no, no!

You've been told that you cannot use the Read From Spreadsheet function with a native excel file. Either save the excel file as comma or tab separated text or use ActiveX function to read Excel. You have no other options so please pay attention to what has already been said.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 34
(1,162 Views)
I am confusing about AxtiveX function, I selected Invoke node function in that what should i give the input? in  the name of reference?
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 34
(1,158 Views)
I just want to know , How to use the ActiveX tool. What should I give as input for refernence
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 34
(1,151 Views)

You should be able to invoke an Open document node (or similar) and wire your file path to that. (i dont have office at home)

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 24 of 34
(1,143 Views)
ohh  I am sorry to disturb you then...
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 34
(1,136 Views)

Help Menu 

Example Finder

Search

ActiveX

Write Table to XL.vi

Look inside the subVI's.

Message 26 of 34
(1,126 Views)

Hello Ravens,

That example Is writing the.xls file from .vi. but, I need to write the .xls file to .vi to plot the graph between specified coulmns and shouold start from 24th row in the excel file. You see  that ecel file here I am attaching

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 34
(1,108 Views)

Look inside the SubVI called Set Cell Value.  Instead of writing a cell value, change that property node from Write to Read.  Attach an indicator to it instead of a control as it is now.

Now with that bit of code (save as a new subVI since you don't want to accidentally overwrite the example) you can Read from a particular cell in Excel.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 34
(1,086 Views)
hai, Here there is "open exel" file tool from this how can i convert to read .xls filr from this example?
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 34
(1,080 Views)
Use the instructions I just gave you to modify the Set Cell Value VI.  (And as I said, do a Save As to a new file name so that you don't overwrite the existing example.)
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 34
(1,074 Views)