LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help in coding LABVIEW

Hai,

I am Avinash. I need to do one project using Labview. It is an Electronic project

1)   we need to read the ASCII data from Excel file using LABVIEW

2)    The Data contains 9 rows,  we need to draw graph between first column(time) and  8th (pressure) ,9th(pressure) columns. starting of that file       contains some unwanted data upto 23 rows So, we need to draw graph from 23th row onwards.

-> From this we will get two waveforms one is between 1st column and 8th column,  the other waveform is between 1st column and 9th column. we need to draw separate graphs for each and including both waveforms.

3) Now we have to count the number of pulses present in the waveform ; maximum and minimum values of the pulses present in the waveform.

4)The data is practical one. So, using filters we have to make that as normal waveform. we need both formats before modification and after modification ( which we modified using filters)

5)Completing the above task, At the end, If we keep the cursor on the filtered wave pulse, It should represent the maximum and minimum values of that particular pulse..

I am attaching one file with this mail, That will be an example

please reply soon to make sure of having idea about this........

Thanks ans Regards,
Avinash Gogineni.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 34
(4,145 Views)
This sounds like a homework problem. Do you have a specific LabVIEW questsion or are you looking for someone to provide you with the solution? If the latter I doubt anyone will give you a complete solution. If you have specific questions post what you have done so far and let us know what you need help with.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 34
(4,134 Views)
To read a .xlsx you'll need to use an ActiveX object. You can use Invoke Node to read the file and get the values.

/Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 34
(4,132 Views)
Hey Mark I worked on that... but i am unable to find the solution.. here is my attaches file please see dat
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34
(4,126 Views)
Read from spreadsheet file only reads text/ascii files, .xlsx is basically zipped xml (as i've understood it) thus you need to use an ActiveX control to use Excels functions.

/Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34
(4,112 Views)

Read the links in this search.  http://forums.ni.com/ni/search?submitted=true&type=message&sort_by=score&q=Write+to+Spreadsheet+File...

I know it would be hard to find since this question has been only asked perhaps two times before. Smiley Wink

For anyone following along, let's try to boost up the kudoes count on this idea Rename Read and Write Spreadsheet file.
Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-05-2010 04:58 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 34
(4,112 Views)
Heyy Actually I am trying to read my file using spread sheet, It's doing right job but The axis are interchanging. Time is showing in Y axis
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34
(4,112 Views)

Avinash.gogineni wrote:
Heyy Actually I am trying to read my file using spread sheet, It's doing right job but The axis are interchanging. Time is showing in Y axis

No.  I am sure Read from Spreadsheet file is not working with an .xlsx file.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 34
(4,109 Views)

The read and write spreadsheet file vi will not work on excel files. To work with excel files you need to use ActiveX.

For more information and some sample VI's and tool kits, you can go to the excel board

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 34
(4,101 Views)
How to use ActiveX??
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34
(4,090 Views)