LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need guidance here...

basically i wanted to input the reading into the string box, the reading will be display onto the meter(by the way i have 3 display to show)

in short...when i type 3 readings inside the string box,it is going to display on to the meter...

how can i do that...thx in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,588 Views)
Once you explain what you want, we can help you. 🙂
  • Where do the readings come from? Instrument? typed on front panel?
  • What is a "string box"? String control perhaps?
  • How do you enter 3 readings? seperated by commas, linefeeds, etc? (If they are all numeric, you might want to use a numeric array control instead.)
  • What is the "meter"? Just a plain "meter" numeric indicator to display 3 values (e.g. 3 needles)?

Can you attach a VI that explains it better?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,577 Views)
1) ya right now i just type it in the front panel(later on the signal will be thru a serial port)

2)ya is a string control

3)ya is all numeric ( let say a=3.2 b=3.5 c =4 , then these readings are to be display on the display)

4) ya is jus a numeric indicator to show the readings i have fed in

thanks guys for helping me
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,574 Views)
I assume you have tried to solve it. How far did you get? Which step is giving you problems?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,550 Views)
haha....i only just plot 1 string box and 3 meters reading.

but how do i configure it ?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,540 Views)

@caltex wrote:
3)ya is all numeric ( let say a=3.2 b=3.5 c =4 , then these readings are to be display on the display)

OK, the main problem seems to be parsing the string. Is the above the exact format you receive from the serial port? (e.g. A space after c, but not after a or b).
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,505 Views)
but the serial port is a later part to my prj.... right now i jus have to show some display onto the meter, from the string box..

any one knows?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,488 Views)
It is really not clear what you want. Parsing a string would need some information how the three numbers are formatted. It can get quite complicated if you need to fish out numbers from an arbitrary string.

Let's assume the pattern is is "A=x.xxx B=x.xxx C=x.xxx". The attached VI (LabVIEW 8.0) generates such a string with random numbers, then parses it back and displays it on a "meter" containing three needles.

(If you want to type your own string, turn the string indicator into a control and delete everything before it. ;))

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,483 Views)