From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myrio loses connection on excution of a complicated formula node

I use a formula node to excute some annoying code on myRio linux RT, but everytime I run the VI containing the formula

node it pops a warning immediately after compilation : Connection to the target (myRio) has been lost.

Afterwards, I try to write the formula in C code and wrap it as a shared object (.so) and deploy it on the linux RT. The wierd

thing is that  the warning continues to show up everytime I call the shared library using a Call Library Function Code.

Finally, I rewrite the code using Mathscript RT Node, it works although very slow and it does'nt achieve my performance requirement.

Also, I comfirm that the same formula node works just fine in PC enviromment.

After some searching, I think it may be because of the too many variables declared in the function, which use up the

allocated memory  or CPU time.  But I think it should not have been the case when I call a function from shared library 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,067 Views)

BTW, here is my formula node code which has numerous local variables.

code.jpg

and here is what the warning is like

warning.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,047 Views)

code.jpg

warning.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,044 Views)

code.jpg

warning.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,041 Views)
Hello. I have the same problem. Did you find any solutions?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,891 Views)

Not yet, so sorry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,863 Views)

Okay. I will try it with Mathscript RT Module. The other idea that i have is to use Shared Library on myRio...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,857 Views)

Unfortunately, The shared library has the same problem as the formula node, as I found out. But MathScript module works just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,847 Views)
It doesn't look like the myRIO doesn't have enough horsepower to do your flight-control calculations and maintain connection at the same time.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,836 Views)

Remember that the myRIO is a embedded controller, that should be able to run standalone.
The program runing on the myRIO should not/will not have a front panel.

When you run the vi on the myRIO from the project explorer, the front panel is not really runing on the myRIO, only the code.

But LabVIEW needs to transfer data to and from the front panel to the myRIO.
This takes extra recourses on the myRIO, and LabVIEW need the link to be able to transfer the data.

The communication to the front panel on the PC has the lowest priority on the myRIO. If you are using all the recourses for the code, this communication will not happen. If the communication is paused by the myRIO, you will get this warning.

You need to make your own communication between the myRIO program and the PC if you want data from the myRIO on the PC or send commands/actions to the myRIO.

Go through this to get a idea of how myRIO is working:

http://www.ni.com/compactriodevguide/

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,815 Views)