LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mySQL

How do I connect LabVIEW to MySQL server ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,401 Views)

Through ADO. You can use the drivers you'll find here. You'll also need the myOleDB drivers from here.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,395 Views)

Thank you for quick respose. Is there any more software to install ? We have to put real-time data from LabVIEW cRIO to MySQL database server so do these two software are sufficient to get the work done ? 

What does SmartSQL VIEW work for ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,383 Views)

The response I gave you was how to access a mySQL server from the Windows version of LV. I don't think you can put data directly into a database directly from a cRIO. NI recently announced a new product called Raima (not the Bollywood actress!) that provides some level of database support, but I don't know if this will help with mySQL or if it supports all cRIO devices or just the new Linux-based one.

If that doesn't work you will have to pass the data from the cRIO to a small headless windows executable that inserts it into the database.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,378 Views)

I did a quick look right now at the SmartSQLView product and it looks like it would work, but for $700?!?! Yikes...

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,352 Views)

Use UDL file...Here is an example

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,344 Views)

Sounds like the core issue is that you want to log data from cRIO to a host machine. Depending on the type of data you might look at either DSC (which has built-in db logging capabilities, although I don't know if they can target mysql), smartsqlview mysql, or this library: 

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10453

Note: it is very primitive compared to the mysqlview toolkit and you need to know sql. Its not hard, but its not easy. The saphir toolkit is supported and as you can see from the reviews, really quite good 🙂

Another mechanism would be to use raw TCP/streams/something else to transfer the data back to a host machine which does the actual db logging. I think this is more along the lines of a standard architecture, where you have a cRIO/device out on the network, then you have a device-specific driver to pass the raw data to the host (ie an OPC server and its drivers) and then you have a historian to log the data (client of the OPC server).

Unless I am terribly mistaken, Raima is a fully fledged database solution which now has a cRIO-compatible driver, rather than an API like the db connectivity toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,333 Views)

Regarding the Raima Database API for LabVIEW, it will manage databases through LabVIEW on either cRIO or Windows. But if your target system is MySQL, it does not facilitate that yet.

The next version of the Raima API will support replication from cRIO databases to 3rd party databases such as MySQL or Oracle. But that is a few months away.

----------------------
Wayne Warren
CTO
Raima, Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,289 Views)