LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO controls in the functions pallet

hi all,

i fired up my myRIO today after being filled with confidence on the real time 1 course and looking at a bunch of examples.

whats scuppered me is i cant find any of the vi's in the functions pallet, i thought they would be in the same place like the DAQmx stuff but no bannana!

i just want to write a few simple VI's to play at some anaglog/didtial io and bosh im stuck!

please point to the pallet and save my sanity!

(i find it quite funny really as i suspect they are right there infront of me)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,916 Views)

I don't have a myRIO so my answer may not be correct.  But I would first start in the Help >> Example Finder and search for myRIO and see what there is for basica connection and I/O.  Then I would go to the functionals palette, and click search then search for myRIO which will hopefully show you where in the palette is the myRIO functions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,901 Views)

good call, i tried that.

using an example from the project essentials guide i can find the names of what im searching for but then when i go to a blank VI to start writing my own i i cannot find them in the palet even if i search the name.

it looks pretty uch like a DAQmx VI and from the couple ive seen the logic looks a bit like daqmx too.

if i use context help and clik the detailed help link it shows myRIO in the help its the next one down from myDAQ. it explains the VI but then when i click the "show on pallet" link i get an error saying

object not found possible reasons include

1. the object might exist in a different pallet view

2. the object might not be supported  on a target in the project explorer window

3. ....... something to do with expired licence

4. bject uses functionality not supported on the operating system

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,868 Views)

Hi Dombanks,

when i go to a blank VI to start writing my own

Did you create a new project?

Did you include the myRIO as target in the new project?

Did you create the fresh VI for that target?

Why don't you show a picture of the block diagram when you talk about some "unknown objects" without naming them correctly?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 16
(4,865 Views)

LabVIEW has developed a palette with express duties to begin work on this device, there are few examples of Myrio in the form of examples, but I'll leave a link to the academic community of national instruments, you can search by category and you will find examples developped, Greetings

https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/products_and_projects?view=documents#/?tagSet=1869

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,777 Views)

Dear all;

i have a labview 2013 software installed in mypc ,but it have no myRIO control and function palette.even when i am try to download 2013myRIO.exe i have encountered an error.what shall guys?

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,629 Views)

Hi samuelaa,

AFAIK you need to install the LabVIEW RT (Realtime) module additionally to your "standard" LabVIEW environment…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,621 Views)

@samuelaa wrote:

Dear all;

i have a labview 2013 software installed in mypc ,but it have no myRIO control and function palette.even when i am try to download 2013myRIO.exe i have encountered an error.what shall guys?

thank you

First the really obvious question: Did you install the myRIO version of LabVIEW that came with your myRIO?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,611 Views)
i have no myRIO hardware in the lab but i have downloding the add on toolkits and intalled them like pid and fuzzy logic ,labview real time ,labview mathscript toolkits thank you. samuel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,592 Views)
Dear Gerdw; yes,i have installed labview RT module
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,590 Views)