From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(myRIO) Saving Data to Excel - Measurement Vi makes excel file but does not write any data just time.

Afternoon, 

I'm having issues saving data.

I'm not sure why but the Measurement VI is only printing the time stamp. The VI file output says the path is not valid (though the files is made) and that nothing is being written to it. Which i can agree with. All that is in the file is a list of time stamps.

What am i doing wrong/missing? I assume the path is somehow wrong but it makes the file so im not sure why? I'm rather new to labview and myrio so I'm not really sure how there path structure works.

Kindest Regards,

Aaron 

P.S.

Regarding the VI ignore the top half that was just for testing expected outputs of signal the second half "Sensor System" is where the data saving is.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,257 Views)

Hi Aaron

Looks like an issue with the data contained in the dynamic data an the setup the measurement file has. I think it'll be becasue your dynamic data has already got a time base within it (starting from 0 secs to n where n is time the last sample is taken with respect to when it starts).

You're probably going to need to setup the measurement file like i have in the image attached (obviously with your file path)

To be fair though, you will also need to define a "comment" which in TDMS terms is actually a group name. 

If you want more flexibility with TDMS such as naming the channel data and timestamps that are in the 14/07/2017 15:47:00 format, I recommend using the TMDS low level VI's, there are plenty of examples in LabVIEW, these are accessible by Help >> Find Examples >> enter "TDMS" in the search box >> there you go 🙂

Regards

Jono

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,240 Views)