LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myDAQ not working with LabView

I have to use LabView for a measurements class and we need to run the myDaq with it. My computer recognizes the myDAQ as a flash firmware and does not try to download its drivers. I have plugged in other myDAQs that are already setup and my computer recognizes them but still will not work with them properly. I dont remember the exact error message but it says they are not compatable. I recently updated the software with the jki VI package manager and get the following error message.

LABVIEWAA.png

If anyone has any idea which part of installation I messed up or how to correct this problem I would love some help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,879 Views)

Does the myDAQ show up in NI MAX (Measurements and Automation Explorer)? Which package are you referring to? I would have thought you would need to install the NI Device Drivers (e.g. DAQmx) - which isn't a VI package.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,842 Views)

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.2/5046/en/

Download, install, reboot. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,820 Views)

I followed the steps however my myDaq still appears as a firmware updater in the devices in the MAX menu and does not work when getting readings. Should I redownload/install all of the labView and drivers that we were given?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,791 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

What OS?

You downloaded from the link I sent?  What brought you to the VIPM?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,781 Views)

We are using LabView 13 (32 bit) for our class. I have windows 7 on my computer. I downloaded and installed from the link that you sent me and the VIPM window was up because LabView said there were updates available so I clicked update and it came up. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,724 Views)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2E02F8EC5D0197928625758C005FFD8D

Try following that guide. 

You can also try using another computer to see if you have similar behavior.  Does the myDAQ appear correctly on any computers at school or any of your friend's computers?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,696 Views)

My myDAQ appears normally on other peoples computers and other peoples working myDAQs do not appear normally on mine. I have tried the link you posted before but it did not work. I'm pretty sure it's a software issue and does not have anything to do with the myDAQ itself.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,686 Views)

The link I posted was a software issue.  Services certainly aren't hardware.

If the services are running, something went bad with your installation.  Try this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79   Use it to install DAQmx again.  If that doesn't work, uninstall all of your NI software and then install LabVIEW first followed by DAQmx

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,675 Views)

Thank you for the tip but the link provided appears to be broken

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,672 Views)