LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myDAQ, connect sensors with multiplexer in labview

I am quite new to labview so hope someone can help. What  I am doing is to use NImyDAQ to connect 8 different sensors and show the output on labview. Since the myDAQ does not have enough input for 8 sensors, so I am using two 8 bits multiplexers to solve it. 

Here is the question. How do the circuit draw in the labview which will make it works? I want to make an drop down button to select which sensor is connected and shown, therefore I need to output boolean value (0,1) to the digital input/output? I have try using case structure but seems difficult for me. Is there any example similar to what I am doing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,924 Views)
It's actually very simple. Your drop down needs to output the numeric values of 0-7 and the numeric (a U8) can be wired directly to a DAQmx Write that is correctly configured. Skip the DAQ Assistant of you were considering it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,893 Views)

What you mean by skiping the DAQ Assistant? Can you make a drag and drop diagram for an example? I have no idea how the drop down menu giving out numerical value then goes into the Digital input in NImyDAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,877 Views)
For examples, just use Help> Find Examples. Then go to Hardware Input and Output.

Look at the options you have for the different drop downs.

Most of this is covered in the free tutorials.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,867 Views)