From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my project is to measure ac voltage and current using lab view.

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Sirs,

I have a project to measure ac Electrical parameters such as current, voltage, power factor etc. through data aquisitioin with labview. Can I do that ?? If yes then kindly help me with some opinions and ideas. I shall be highly thankful to you.

Muhammad Hanan Azam.

Student of University of Engineering and Technolgy, Lahore, Pakistan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,308 Views)

Yes it is possible. This can be acheived through serial communication. Read about serial communication like VISA, VISA configure, VISA wite, VISA read etc.

Read about the serial communication of device with you are going to communicate i.e. some communication document etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
Message 2 of 19
(3,304 Views)

Thanks,

Do I need mydaq device for that ?? If no then can it be done with mydaq? or which will be better?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,289 Views)

What is mydaq?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,285 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,278 Views)

@321hanan wrote:

Thanks,

Do I need mydaq device for that ?? If no then can it be done with mydaq? or which will be better?

Depends on your requirement 

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,274 Views)

You want to measure the ac voltage and current using labview from which device ?

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,270 Views)

I do not know which device will serve my purpose. Thats why I want to know that what device or method I should choose.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,261 Views)

I went through the link you provided and I think that is best for you becasue it is made for students with lots of advantages.

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,257 Views)

But I need it confirm that my task can be done by that device because it is very costly and I m not a professionalist.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,254 Views)