LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mxwOTask.dll

Each time I close LV7 on my WinXP machine, I get the following error:

"The application or DLL C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\mxwOTask.dll is not a valid Windows image.  Please check this against your installation diskette."

I recently had to image my old hard drive and transfer it to a new one, as my old hard drive was in the process of dying.  Some stuff with LV apparently got screwed up in the whole transfering process, and I had a handful of these types of errors in LV7 & LV8 (I have both installed on my machine) and probably in DIAdem and other stuff.  However, by using the repair feature in the installer, I have been able to successfully get rid of all the problems (as far as I know) except the one mentioned above.  I have tried repairing both the installation of LV7 and the installation of MAX (not to mention LV8)... multiple times!  Any ideas why I can't shake this problem?  Any ideas on how to fix it?

P.S. - Yes, I've run chkdsk /f on my drive.

Nick
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,124 Views)
Hi nickster,

Which version of MAX are you using, and which of DAQmx? It sounds like something is corrupted in MAX, and it is possible that either an upgrade or an uninstall/reinstall of DAQmx (which bundles MAX with it) might resolve this.

Regards,
-Sam F, DAQ Marketing Manager
Message 2 of 3
(2,107 Views)
Ah ha!  Thanks, Sam.  Repairing DAQmx did the trick.  I had thought, with the path that the dll was under, that I just needed to repair MAX.  Apparently the dependency is with DAQmx, not MAX, even though the dll is in the MAX folder.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,090 Views)