LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multirate synchronization One SAR and One DSA module

I am attempting to synchronize modules within one Chassis (cDAQ 9188), but I am not finding the information I need or at least I am not understanding it yet.  This is my first attempt at synchronizing other than that which is automatically performed by DAQmx.  This article ( http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5376/en/ ) seems to have most of the relevant information, but not the combination that I need.

I would like to synchronize a 9229 (DSA module) with a 9215 (SAR module) but at different sample rates.  The article link above covers two different  modules at the same rate and modules of the same type at different rates, but not different modules at different rates.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,227 Views)

The concept should be about the same--you'll need to share a timebase as well as a start trigger.  It's probably the most practical to use the 12.8 MHz timebase from the 9229 for the 9215 (this is what the multi-device task would do).

SyncDSA_SAR.png

Note that the sampled data will be delayed on the 9229 anyway according to the formula in the specifications:

InputDelay.png

How you deal with that depends on what you are doing with your data I suppose.

Note that I don't have the hardware to test out what I have written above so if there is a mistake please let me know. 

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 2 of 3
(3,207 Views)

Thank you very much for the reply.  I will check it out tomorrow with any luck.

I am gearing up to do some ordered orbit analysis.  If I look at two bearings, I will use all the channels on my 9229.  I am thinking about using an optical tach on the 9215. With this setup, I can have a higher sample rate on the analog tach. (I may look into a digital tach/counter setup) I am thinking that the delay will not have a negative impact, but I have not gotten too far.  I have lots of reading to do and the documentation seems to be a little lacking on some of the VI's I plan to use.

For the durations I will likely be running, I probably don't have to wory about sync, but I might as well do it correctly.

Thanks again, I will let you know how it turns out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,175 Views)