LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiply frequency

hello,
how can i multiply 1volt 15Hz frequency to 1volt 30 Hz using Labiew7.1? what vi to use?

thank you in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,622 Views)

That's a surprizing question !

What are you trying to do :
- generate a sine wave ? 
- copy a a recorded periodic function and replay it at a higher frequency ?
- Is this just a matter of display, or do you need to output it ?

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,615 Views)

ok, here's the scenario. we use the one_sided_fft.vi provided by labjack das kit to perform fft on the time domain signal coming from our accelerometer. We confirmes if the actual frequency and peak voltages is calibrated or comparable to an tektronik oscilloscope. we found out that, for example, a 2.2V spike found at 22Hz using tektronik oscilloscope is being output as 1.1V and found at 11Hz. So basically the frequency and voltage are halved. what can we do to multiply the frequency and voltage by 2? we need to multiply the data coming from the vi since we need to save it in excel, in effect, we cannot just increase the output scale from the waveform graph. we also cannot find out why it is being halved. We need help!!! thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,616 Views)

Hi Jack,

Forgive me for being ignorant but am I right in assuming that you are using a 3rd party Data Acquisition system with LabVIEW 7.1 ?

Ankita

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,564 Views)

Hello Jack,

You will want to find out why the readings are halved in the first place.  Trying to double the readings, after the fact, seems more like a bandaid-fix. 

Regards,

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,557 Views)