LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple while loops into one waveform chart

So I have multiple while loops, all performing the same task but for specific reason I am unable to merge them into one while loop. Each loop outputs data that needs to be plotted onto one waveform chart in real time, but the waveform chart only does that if its located in the while loop, which does not work here. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,004 Views)

Hi Punsach,

well, using a producer-consumer scheme could simplify the solution…

You need to transport your data to a parallel loop feeding your chart. The PCS would be an option (local variables might be a quick&dirty solution too)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,997 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Punsach,

well, using a producer-consumer scheme could simplify the solution…

You need to transport your data to a parallel loop feeding your chart. The PCS would be an option (local variables might be a quick&dirty solution too)!

I am using a consumer/producer structure

Here, I will post my code

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,994 Views)

This is the same program just with one signal. I need to have the pause feature in it as well, but am having trouble having multiple signals works together

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,980 Views)

Hi Punsach,

missing subVIs…

- Even when you need that PauseContinue button: why do you need a while loop in a case structure and a local variable for that feature? Why not put a case structure around your signal generation - or merge your Pause condition with the "New queue" wire (which is silly anyway!)?

- Why do you need 4 NIScope ExpressVIs to generate the datatype wire for those CreateQueue functions?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,970 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Punsach,

missing subVIs…

- Even when you need that PauseContinue button: why do you need a while loop in a case structure and a local variable for that feature? Why not put a case structure around your signal generation - or merge your Pause condition with the "New queue" wire (which is silly anyway!)?

- Why do you need 4 NIScope ExpressVIs to generate the datatype wire for those CreateQueue functions?

Frankly, I am not sure how to work with the PauseContinue button, but this is the design i have been working with so far. And I need hte 4 NISCOPEs because each one takes in data from a difference device/channel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,960 Views)

Is there anything you can tell me about the solution?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,914 Views)

And what is PCS?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,911 Views)
You have 4 separate NI Scope devices? Or 4 channels from the same device?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,905 Views)