LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple waveforms to spreadsheet

I am aquiring episodic data, say 2seconds at 20kHz then a 30 second interval and more data. I am saving this in a tdms file and all is fine. 

I would now like to export these waveforms to a tab delimited spreadsheet, and I like the header etc that the cannede vi's offer. However when I set the append option to false, there is a new file for each waveform. When I set it to true, the next waveform gets appended at the bottom (same columns, new rows) instead of as new columns same rows. With the write array to spreadsheet, there is a transpose option. Is there something analogous for waveforms, or will I just have to use the write to spreadsheet and make my own headers etc?

thanks a ton!

(Using LabView2013 on Win7)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,943 Views)
If you have multiple waveforms that you want saved in columns you will need to build it yourself. And when you are done, save the logic to do it into a reusable VI for the next time you have to do the same thing.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 7
(2,924 Views)

thanks, Mike, I was afraid of that, but just did not quite want to believe it. Not too hard, but seems so common.....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,916 Views)
That why I recommend when I am teaching, or in my blog, that you always be looking for ways to expand your personal "toolbox". Remember:

"Amateurs write programs, professionals write toolboxes"

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,906 Views)

I am a professional neuroscientist but an amateur LabView user. Guess that explains it!Smiley Wink

thanks for your confirmation!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,897 Views)
No offense was intended, the point is that if you focus on building the program all you will get is the program. However if you focus on building all the reusable bits you will get the program you need but you will also get a bunch of reusable code the will make your next program faster and easier.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,891 Views)

no offense taken, Mike, I fully agree with you! In fact, it is something that I would really like to have more discipline to do, something that is so easy in LabView to maintain, but I catch myself too frequently coding very similar things again and again. So your advise really resonates and I will try to heed it!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,866 Views)