LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple signals in stacked chart

Solved!
Go to solution

I have 4 signals and I want to plot these in a stacked chart in only 3 plot areas. When I add a signal in my plot legend, automaticly an extra plot area is added to the plot. 

How can I have more signals in my chart than I have plots?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,076 Views)

Hi ff,

you can't with a stacked plot chart…

But you can place several charts on top of each other and display the plots using them as you like!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,066 Views)

In Labview 2010 this was not a problem, but in 2015 and 2016 some how I can't do this anymore.

Several charts aren’t the solution. Disadvantage is that during runtime it is hard to move signals from one plot to the other. And multiple charts have there own time axis. A stacked plot have the axis coupled. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,057 Views)

Hi ff,

Disadvantage is that during runtime it is hard to move signals from one plot to the other.

Use graphs instead of charts. Then plot the data as needed (or: choosen by user) to your graphs…

And multiple charts have there own time axis. A stacked plot have the axis coupled.

When multiple charts get their data at the same interval they will show the same x axis.

You might even manipulate the x axis by using property nodes.

The same applies to graphs…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,030 Views)

Use 4 plot areas, set one to have a transparent background, then position it over one of the others.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erwin_H

I found the problem. You can have a differences between the number of plots and the number of plot areas. The problem is that this is only working when you connect a array of waveforms to the plot and not when you connect an array of DBL to the graph. 

See VI

Message 6 of 6
(4,009 Views)