LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple controller area network (can) ports in Labview, multiple CAN, CAN0 CAN1

Hi guys,

I am trying to use to two CAN ports for two different system in the one labview interface. The version of labview is 2010 professonal developemnt system version. The two can usb CAN is 8473. I set up all the configuration for one CAN port (CAN 0), which is functional. However, when I dublicated the vis for another CAN configuration, which I chose CAN 1. Then put both of the two CAN configuration together. I am trying to make both fo them work at the same time. However, these doesn't work. 

My question is 

where can I find the multiple CAN configuration in Labview? 

how can I define the two CANS porperly in Labview? 

Appreciate!!!

Tao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,537 Views)

@tengtao wrote:

Hi guys,

I am trying to use to two CAN ports for two different system in the one labview interface. The version of labview is 2010 professonal developemnt system version. The two can usb CAN is 8473. I set up all the configuration for one CAN port (CAN 0), which is functional. However, when I dublicated the vis for another CAN configuration, which I chose CAN 1. Then put both of the two CAN configuration together. I am trying to make both fo them work at the same time. However, these doesn't work

My question is 

where can I find the multiple CAN configuration in Labview? 

how can I define the two CANS porperly in Labview? 

Appreciate!!!

Tao

What does not work?

Do you get any errors?

What have you tried so far? Show us your code, then we can help you fix the errors you got.

It should be posible to use multiple CAN interfaces at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,512 Views)

The NI USB-8473 module is a 1-port high-speed CAN interface for connecting PCs to CAN networks and d...

So, I'm not nearly as surprised as you that it won't talk to multiple networks.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,506 Views)