LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple TCP/IP connections

if that explanation didnt help...

saved it in 2011.. hope u can open it...

simple little example- I think this is what mikes talking about.

(plz correct if wrong)

-pat

Message 11 of 19
(1,442 Views)

Thanks a lot Pat! That was really helping! and thanks Mike! Now, I understand it perfectly..will try it out in my program!  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,441 Views)

another cool thing to do is package up a cluster for a datatype and include ANOTHER event ref in there so you can shoot data back- so if the process that received the event needs to reply to the process that generated it, then it just generates the event that was sent with it... i think people call it self addressed messaging...

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,438 Views)

Yes Pat! In fact I have used it for event handling loop in my program but I got confused between custom event and USD! Newbie! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,435 Views)

That's what I used the named notifier for. For a simple response, a notifier has less overhead, and because it's named you don't need to pass a references, just the name. For the name, I use a randomly generated name because it will only be used once.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,428 Views)

For the most part, except I typically use events because event-driven code is easier to develop, test and maintain.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 16 of 19
(1,424 Views)

Well, this is how I ended up...trying out the simplest solution.  

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,415 Views)

That looks like it will work, but the reason for using a notifier is you only need one of them. Unlike with a queue, the notification stays in the notifier, so you can send one notification to mulitple locations. I would think you could combine the two in your image. You may still want the queue for logging, if you need to log every single change - with a notifier you could miss a notification, because any new notification replaces the previous one.

Message 18 of 19
(1,398 Views)

Hi Nathan! yes that's true I can use just ine notifier! I tried to do so before but was connectiing it wrongly but now I got it right! Thanks! and yes I would need to measure every single change in the parameter that's why I think queue is a good option.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,376 Views)