From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multidevice task not supported (DAQmx)

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there any documentation or specific hardware list of devices that cause:

Error -201426 occurred at StartDAQmx Start Task.vi:7220003
Possible reason(s):
One or more devices do not support multidevice tasks.

Some reasons are obvious (separate chassis...) but I was surprised wnen I added a second PXI-6529 board for digital input to one of my PXIe chassis, and now have to revise the software to add another task. Two 6529s can't be in the same task. I've looked through the board manuals and the NI site but can't find any documentation on why, or what else I might need to watch out for in future expansion with other PXI boards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,426 Views)

I know M series boards did not support multi-device tasks, at least as of DAQmx 9.0.  Last I actually looked into it, only X series boards supported multi-device tasks.  But that was about 6 years ago that I last tried.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,405 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brimcd

Aha - best explanation I found:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B7E7C6A92467E5438625792E0067ED80

Not obvious (to me) but you need to connect the terms "multidevice task" with "channel expansion". A link in the error message would help.

Message 3 of 3
(3,307 Views)