LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multicolumn listbox

Solved!
Go to solution
HI anyone please help me, how to get an output array value and put in the multicolumn list box? Sorry , it look like very simple but I don't know about it. Thx William Lee
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,397 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author williamlee1982

Hi William,

Right click on it>>create>>property node>>item names to create a property node of item names.

If arraw of item names property is on the right, right click on it>>change to write.

Item names accept string data type.

Therefore, if you intend to write a number to it, you must use a function to convert numeric to string first.

If you've just a 1D array, wire it to build array function to create 2D array supporting by item names property.

Regards, Kate

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,391 Views)
thx kate
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,351 Views)

HI kate,

Just want to convey my thanks for solving the puzzle for multicolumn listbox. I just spend couple of hours trying to go through examples of listbox but no luck. I tried your solution, it flies in one shot. Thanks again.

Hansa

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,242 Views)

Kate, can you elaborate on this a bit more for a begginner? I'm hoping to be able to write to a listbox and use it like a data table, but I dont quite follow your explanation. I'm logging numerical data, and my column headers are #, relative position, measured value, and comment. All of my values will come from an array, and comments can later be added. I'm also looking for a way to export the data from my listbox to a spreadsheet or text fil. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,344 Views)