LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi graph cluster

Hi all,

I have to plot data coming from 64 different sites. 

What I'd like to do is to create an array (8x8) of graphs and plot each incoming trace in a different graph.

To do so, I've created a 2D array of clusters, where each cluster contains a graph.

By means of a for loop I converted the 1D data array related to each channel in a cluster (bundle function).

The indexed cluster produced by the for loop is finally sent to the array of clusters containing the data. 

I've attached a simple VI I did to test what i was doing. The idea is to plot 4 different ramps with programmable gains.

However the resultant plots are some flikkering.

Anybody could help me to solve this problem please?

Kind regards

Gian Nicola

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,092 Views)

you should have been answered by now-

So I will answer.

<you may wish to wrap your head in Duct tape>

I do not believe your "fickering" is a bug.

The fact that you can drop a cluster containing a graph into an array MAY be a bug.- let me attempt to explain why.....

so for a Graph we pass an array of (DBL)  to the UI theead tranfer buffer.... Whoops!  property "Value" has very little do do with "Property" Plot

What is that again?  And how does that affect your example code?

Elements of an array must have identical properties except for "Value" (and by extension "text.text")  "Plot" is a property of a "Graph"  o..o ....It is related to the value of the 1D array.  but, before it is displayed on the plot area the plot is subjected to either compression or expansion..(WaddUmean Jeff?)

The "PLOT" sends the data array through a processing plant.  the data points that cannot be displayed (like a 200,000,000 points) are decimated with some turning point algorithm and others (like a 5 point array) are interporlateded to fill in the pixels that are missing!

Yes ,  a line (PLOT with color and "glyphs") is different from an array of DBL.  they are not directly related.

So what you see a flicker is LabVIEW refreshing the properties of the graphs in the array of clusters of graph indicators. 

Is that helping at all?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,071 Views)

Dear Jeff

sorry for the late reply.

I've some problems to understand your answer.

As far as i understood, the flickering was due to the autoscale property which was set on the graph. As a consequence, each time the autoscaling is requested by a graph (single element of the array) the same scaling is applied to each element of the array. From here the flickering. The problem disappears once I set off the autoscaling.

Going back to my example, i can see, for each element of the array the related waveform.

Is this right or am I misunderstanding what I observe?

Thanks for your help

Gian Nicola

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,049 Views)