LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mtw xsens

Thanks for the suggestions Kyle, I've finally managed to get it to work after pulling a couple of different suggestions and things together!

For the benefit of anyone who might comes across this thread again, I'll summarize what I did, and I might post the code after cleaning it up a bit and adding a bit more functionality.

One of my key misunderstandings was I thought that the callback.vi would visibly show data flow during each callback event, or that anything generated by the callback vi could be seen via the Event Data node, an indicator, or dataflow probe. It seems that this is not the case.

Second, the Event Data does indeed generate "data" in the background. This "data" variable is a 2x1 array containing the device number and datapacket number.

Third, this data needs to be returned to the main vi to be seen. Initially, I flattened the variant data to string (per Kyle's suggestion), then returned it to the main vi via a messaging dialog user event and event structure. Once I saw that the flattened string (gibberish at this point) could be returned, viewed, and changed with each iteration of the event loop, I could be a little more certain that it contained data that might actually pertain to the sensor.

Finally, it was just a matter of tweaking the dataflow such that I was passing out the "data" variant data from the callback.vi, then converting it appropriately into an array of 32bit integers to get the correct outputs.

This summary sounds simple but I think I've been hammering away at multiple challenges with using the MTw in labview for over a week now. Think I'm on the home stretch now!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(672 Views)

Hello There,

I work in a lab currently with Xsens MTw system in order to modelize the arm and the shoulder.

Since 3 days I have a message who tells me :

ERROR: Device: 000340649 : Sample buffer overflow during communication outage.

I don't understand what I have to do.

If someone know it will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(621 Views)

Hi there, 

I am currently working on these MTw units as well. May I know how you obtain the device id from the variant? Or are you using method other than this? It indicated error mismatch.

By the way, has anyone managed to work it out to data streaming directly into labview?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(538 Views)

Hello,

Since this is a post over a very old forum I suggest that you create a new forum with the specific question that you have. Thay way our engineers or experienced customers will respond faster and it will be more effectively. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(512 Views)