LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ms office report

Hai 

I have used MS OFFICE REPORT from report generation toolkit & MS office Excel 2007. Every day Report Should generate automatically. i am using template in 

the form of'.xlt' .  & saving file is in the form of  '.xls' .So at the time of report generation ms office checked 'Compatibility checking' for saving report. so my labview program wait for the dialouge box anwer to give  manually.so i Can't generate report automatically. i am facing this problem for 2 days .Before that Reports are generated properly(At the time Ms Office not check Compatibility). Pls GIVE SOLUTION ASAP.

Regards 

Vinoth

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,010 Views)

Without more information, it is difficult to offer advice.  Here are some questions:

• Is this a "new behavior", that is, did you have code that formerly worked properly and now does not?  If so, what changed?  Did you go from one version of LabVIEW to another?
  • What version of LabVIEW are you using?
  • Are you using LabVIEW's Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office?
  • If you know how to create snippets (select some code, and from the Edit menu choose "Create Snippet from Selection"), you can post the code you use to open and close/save the Excel file -- this can give us a clue to what might be going wrong.

I haven't use Excel templates, but I do open existing Excel (.xls) files, modify them, then close/save them.  [If I wanted to open "Master Excel File.xls" as a model file, but save it under the name "My Excel Output.xls", one easy way to do this is to use the ordinary LabVIEW "Copy File" function to copy Master Excel File into My Excel Output, then use the latter in my program].  Here are snippets showing how I open an existing Excel file, and how I close/save it.  Note that I need to maintain the Excel Object wire intact as I add other Report Generation VIs to do the Excel reading and writing.

Open ExcelClose Excel

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,998 Views)