From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move lvlibp in project

Hi,

In my project I have a number of PPLs. I wanted to arrange my file strucutre, so I wanted to move all the PPLs into one folder.

-Going to Files view and right clicking has no "move on disk" option

-right clicking wihtin the project shows no "replace with..." option (grayed out)

-moving it from outside LabVIEW results in a horrible mess, as LabVIEW asks me for each element of the PPL where to load it from.

So... how do I move the PPL?

(Using LV14)

Thanks,

Danielle

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,970 Views)
I don't think there is a graceful way to do it. Perhaps you should rethink tour usage of packed libraries. Personally I've never seen an advantage big enough to justify the problems they cause.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,952 Views)

While they do sometimes cause me to bang my head against my desk, I like PPLs. At this point in development, I would rather not move the PPLs rather than do without them 😉 However, I find it difficult to believe that there is no option to move them in LabVIEW...

Thanks for the answer 🙂

Danielle

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,943 Views)

Happened across this, and finding the same issue. I built a project with a dependent PPL (a global variable used by all other PPLs in the plug-in architecture), and now I can't move it. I can't even figure out where to begin.

(2,490 Views)

I didn't move the PPLs in the end if I remember correctly. If it's one PPL without a lot of elements, you might try moving it on disk and patiently telling LabVIEW where to load it from, but I would recommend you simply leave it where it is if possible...

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,472 Views)