LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mouse over

Newbie w/LabView 8.2 I have multiple eight row indexed arrays showing on a front panel. To save space, I would like to only have the first row of each array visible until the user places the cursor over the particular row, then have all the other rows become visible showing the "hidden" rows of the selected array. Sort of like a drop down box that requires no user action other then a mouse over action. These are not list boxes which would allow the operator to select anything, just hidden array rows showing data that would be visible when needed (mouse over).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(5,510 Views)
Hi rfeea1,

you should use an event structure:
- make an event for "mouse enter" on your array
- in the event case you place a property node "NumRows" for that array and wire the number of rows to be visible
- make a second event "mouse leave", where you set the NumRows-property back to 1

Message Edited by GerdW on 08-22-2007 03:34 PM

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 21
(5,504 Views)
How about this one?

in this case you have 2 identical arrays, one showing only first column, the other one showing full scale. as the mouse enters Array 1, the array 2 becomes visible. as the mouse exits array2, it becomes invisible.

enjoy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
Message 3 of 21
(5,501 Views)
Gerdw has a much nicer solution!
 of course...Smiley Very Happy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(5,498 Views)
Thanks all. Either solution will work fine with some tweaking for my VI. I actually may be able to integrate both into my VI since I have a multiple tab/page VI and different requirements for each page as to what data is shown and how it is presented.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(5,494 Views)

hi

i am working on a project which i wana use my mouse as a distanced logging device that is i record the mouse position as the mouse moves along a path then I make a relation between the mouse couser position in pixel with length moved by body of the mouse in mm.

Every thing is OK when I use the mouse in short ranges ( 30- 40 mm) and the crusor is in the range of the monitor  but when I wana move it in about 1 meter or more which is out of the range of the monitor screen problem began 😞

at the top of the monitor the position is fixed and it do not change anymore. For recording pixels greater than the vertical limit of the monitor I try to set the mouse position to a fix number to get the changes of the mouse position by set_crusor_pos.vi .

but it is not effective.

So I want to save the absolute changes of the mouse position even out of the range of the monitor e.i. if the mouse crouser is at the top of the monitor and if i move it upper I should record a movement in the up side direction.

I want to use my optical mouse a ruler to measure lengths in the range of 1-2 meter.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(5,001 Views)

I came up with this one:

21119i42A9E6A7DBE0D5EB

Never leave the tab control. It should be small for best accuracy .

You can use key down event to abort.

Set mouse position was taken from Here

Get mouse position was taken from There

Amir.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(4,963 Views)

Hi dude

it seem this what I really want but there is a small problem with me that I don know how to create these in LABVIEW

is it possible to attach the .vi file it self ???

One of the links you have send is just a pic.

Many thanks for your attention

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,936 Views)

This is it.

What about a kudos?

Message 9 of 21
(4,879 Views)

Hi Amir

I've DownLoaded your Lab code but it seems that you use later version of labview, mine is LabView 8.2.1,

unfortunately i couldn't see or even run your programs.

It there any way to see your codes in labview 8.2.1.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,861 Views)