From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motor control

i am programming the Brushless DC motor  BX Series by using DAQ NI USB 6009 with Labview software... i would like to control the motor movements like forward(CW)/backward(CCW) with speed and timer control... i don't have much basic of labview software so we are facing some difficulties in pin assign for programming...  We attached you my connection diagram and hope you can help us.. Can I bother you to send me some examples of motor control with speed and timer? .. I will be so appariciate if you help us..20131003_115150 (729x999).jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,955 Views)

1. You cannot use 6009 to drive it directly. You need to connect 6009 DO to a relay as illustrated, and make sure that relay consume less current than 6009 can drive.
2. You need a pull up resistor between output to +5V to connect to 6009 DI.
3. If your application need to do a precised speed/position control, 6009 may not be a good option, since it uses software timing control.
4. In any cases, you should start from LabVIEW tutorial in http://www.ni.com/white-paper/5241/en.
5. 6009 DIO example is available in Help>>Find Examples>>Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Digital Input, Digital Output. These examples are compatible with other DAQmx devices as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,943 Views)