From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motion control

Do I control two smart motor 23.. independently like cnc with LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,308 Views)
You need to explain a little more.  Are you using Animatics Smart Motors?  What are you trying to do? 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,301 Views)
I`m trying to control two Animatics Smart Motors with LbaVIEW, like on CNC, separately, but with the software I'm using SM Tester.vi,  I can't control two, only one. I'm connecting to serial port (COM1) a cable and this cable I'm connecting to the SM23 motor, I have another cable, but is to connect in serie my two motors.
I don't know if I need  use motion libraries or something like this.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,283 Views)

Do you have the cable connected that daisy chains the two motors together to the serial port?

Are you addressing them properly (SADDRn) command.

Have you reviewed he SmartMotor manual in regards to communications?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,282 Views)
Yes I have the cable that connects daisy-chains for two motors, but I read my manual and Ì'm feeling like a stupid, because it says tha I need the "m1" cable for a number of motor diferent that one.
I have a question about the SADDRn command, I don't know what it is or what it does do.
And the last question, there are another VI that I could use to control my Animatics SM?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,241 Views)
I have a problem with this vi, I want to convert it (SM Tester.vi) to a Subvi, but it changes during convertion. If anyone can help me I'll be so gratefull
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,225 Views)

Hi,

I have bought Animatics SM2316 and i wanna know if there is someone who develop VI from Labview to drive it ?

I download VIs from the forum but it seems to miss some informations !

Thanks for advance.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,765 Views)

Hi Rouly when you are making questions on a new topic the ideal is to make it in a new tread. I  haven’t found any program already develop for that motor but from what I notice in the spec sheets, it has a serial port so the general information to communicate through serial port would apply, you only need the commands that are specific for your device The manufacturer of your device should have those commands, and you can probably find them  in the user manual.

For basic seria communication you can use the examples in Help>> Find Examples

Also this links might be useful:

Serial Instrument Control Tutorial

Tut - Instrument Control in LabVIEW Tutorial

Developer Zone Tutorial: Instrument Control Fundamentals: Main Page

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,730 Views)

Ok but i have already test the serial communication and it works pretty well.

I just would to share my program with Josh72 to see the difference between us only that.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,710 Views)