LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motion control (via Newport ESP6000) and data acqusition (via PCI-6115)?

Hi Everybody,

I have been working with Labview on motion control+data acquisition. Recently I updated my DAQ card to PCI-6115. From now on I will use it as the DAQ device instead of Newport's ESP6000's buildin DAQ which has max 1000 points buffer size. I wanto go high speed and I want more data.
Here is my question. When I was using ESP6000 for motion control and DAQ, it was pretty easier to synchronize motion with DAQ since I collect data when a stage is moving. Now, I am little bit concerned with my application since I have a PCI-6115 for DAQ which physcially independent than ESP6000. DOes anybody have any example Vi for such a purpose, i.e. collecting data with a DAQ card (from Ni) while mov
ing a stage (with a different card, non-Ni). I would really appreciate any comments and any examples. If possible, I want to start to acquire data when the satge reaches a constant speed, and stop collecting data when the stage starts to slow down, i.e. during the stage moves at a constant speed.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,497 Views)
Hello,

The 6115 is capable of synchronizing with a TTL clock signal. You can use the 6115�s built-in clock signal, or you can generate your own clock signal.

Does your other device have the ability to take a clock signal or to put one out? If so, this is usually the means for synchronizing the two different devices.

Let me know what your third-party device is capable of doing, and I will do my best to help out.

Best regards,

Justin T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,497 Views)