From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monochromator scan wavelengths

Hello everybody,

sorry, I'm a beginner in labview and maybe my question will sound weird to you . I'm going to prepare a control for a quantum efficiency setup for solar cells. As I'm totally new, I was thinking to start from the monochromator. I would like to prepare a simple control  (I have the instrument drivers) that allows me to tell the monocrhromator go from wavength 1 to wavelength 2 by steps of x nanometers. 

Any suggestion from how to start?

any suggestion will be really appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,235 Views)

You're just going to have to dive in and try things out until you can come up with a more detailed question.  Does the driver package have any examples to tinker with?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,228 Views)

Dear all

First you must download of your device, there are many things you should to tack in your consideration monochromator consist of different parts:

1-       Grating (more than one depending the spectrum region you want), Slits,   shutter, filter wheel and mirrors.

All of these will be controlled,

And all of these must be synchronizing   

you first set your wavelength (for example 200-1100nm) and interval wavelength (every 10 nm) please kindly attached wavelength control code.

How you will  get your output reading? Are you having OPM or DMM or anything else?

Don’t hastiest to ask 

Abdallah, Egypt

Abdallah Farmalawi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,203 Views)

Hi Abdallah!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. you're right i need first of all to make a control for the wavelength scan. I will measure the signal with a photomultiplier (and then with a solar cell) that will send the signal to a lock in amplifier (I should do a setup for quantum efficiency measurements).

I will check the file that you kindly sent me...and I will try if I'm able to understand what I have to do. Of cours is a very helpful starting point.

Thanksss

Vale 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,195 Views)

Dear all Engineers,

I am sorry, just a beginner for labVIEW, I want to characterized spectrometer from light source delivery and collection, using a Sciencetech monochromator 9055 to be detected by a high sensitivity PMT Thorlabs gvs012tsh311123, the control is to come from a program written in LabVIEW 2010 ... steady-state fluorescence emission measurement, wavelength from 400 nm to 1000 nm in steps of 2nm ...and to be read by (PCIe 6363) DAQmx on PC win XP. Need your assistance..

Thank you

Abdullahi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,050 Views)

I am so sorry just i recived this message , i know it was along time but if u have anny proble u can send me any time... i am sorry again

Abdallah

Abdallah Farmalawi
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,771 Views)