From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitoring induction motor using LabVIEW

Hye, i have a project which to monitor energy usage of three phase induction motor by using LabVIEW and NI USB6009, can i have a clue on how to start doing that using block diagram and front panel as well

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,254 Views)

Hi Paed94,

Ni have produced a really good whitepaper on the topic here http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8198/en/ .  You might find that helpful.  Implementing the LabVIEW is pretty straightforward stuff as you can see.  You'll need to build some signal conditioning to match the supply voltage to the motor to the input range of the DAQ but once you've done that you'll be able to make the basic current/voltage measurements that you'll need to do the analysis.

Good luck.

Simon

Message 2 of 4
(3,225 Views)

Hi paed,

are you in the same class as MATI19? You seem to use the same hardware resources to tackle a very similar problem…

can i have a clue on how to start

You already got those clues!

Please try the stay with one thread as long as your topic doesn't change: You still want to learn LabVIEW to measure some motor parameters with hardware, that doesn't really fit for that task…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,223 Views)

P.S.: one more colleague from your class?

P.P.S.: Mati19 wrote an older message, but suryas was bringing its threads alive again…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,215 Views)