LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modbus 8.2, 8.6 And 2010

This zipped file came from NI discussion group. It works in 8.2 and I believe 8.6. When I try running the program in 2010 it fails. It will not see and serial port? Do I need a different library. It will not see anything except refresh. My hardware shows the RS485 hardware module but I can't talk to it. I have unplugged the modbus module and the same problem?

Thanks

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,744 Views)

Hi Philip,

Can you expand on what you mean by "My hardware shows the RS485 hardware module but I can't talk to it."   Also, what do you mean by fails, is there an error message?

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
Senior Group Manager, Digital Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,718 Views)

Sorry about that. I have a attached a screenshot. The port i/o always shows blank or refresh? Thanks for answering my email.

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,704 Views)

Check if you have installed the NI-VISA driver on the machine running LV2010.

Message 4 of 7
(2,688 Views)

Be aware that there a couple bugs in the "MODBUS library for LabVIEW". Fortunately they are easy to fix.

Check the comments here

http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4756

Hopefully NI will upload a corrected library at some point.

Message 5 of 7
(2,675 Views)

Thanks for your email. I checked the version that I hae installed.. I have verson 5.0. I installed it when I installed 2010 update. If there is a later version? Please let mo know what version I need..

Thank You,

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,658 Views)

Problem solved. I was using VISA 5.0. I found a version 5.0.1. My modbus VI is now seeing com ports. Thanks for all the sugtgestions.

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,641 Views)