LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mixed signal plot and controlling the plot area (size) of each plot?

Greetings,

There is a property node for the MIXED SIGNAL PLOT which can control the plot area size (width & height).  How do you control the size of each individual plot?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Smiley Happy

JMA 

LV 8.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,274 Views)

Hi Jim,

I am thinking that you are looking to control the size of the individual plot areas (i.e. the individual graph areas). The way you would normally do this in LabVIEW is by using the Active Plot Area property to select which plot is currently active.  Then you would use the Plot Area Size property to change the size of the active plot.  Unfortunately, this behavior does not work as expected in LabVIEW 8. 

Engineering is aware of this issue (# 3T2BA63A) and it is currently under investigation.  We don't currently have a timeline on when updates will be made to this issue, but I know R&D is looking to address this in a future version.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Megan B.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,264 Views)

Thanks for the information Megan B.  If the behavior gets corrected in the future, how would I know?

Cheers,

JMA Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,257 Views)

Hi JMA,

This issue is in the report 3T2BA63A so all you need to do is ask for the status of this report when a LabVIEW upgrade is released.  If you have a service contract, you can call in and ask an Applications Engineer, or you can simply post here on the discussion forums.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Megan B.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,243 Views)
Hi! I'm the engineer who owns the Mixed Signal Graph. Just wanted to let you know that this issue has been fixed in LabVIEW 8.1. Until then you will have to resize the plot areas interactively.

Message 5 of 8
(3,221 Views)

Wonger:

I have experienced other problems with the Mixed Signal Graph - namely that the plots blend together when dragging and then can't be separated - has this been fixed also in 8.1?  I was also experiencing Labview (8.0.1) crashes when using this control - these crashes have gone away since I reverted to the Chart control.  I have a real need for the Mixed Signal Graph and would really like to use it but can't with the problems I was having - any time frame on release of 8.1?

Thanks ......... Ray K.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,184 Views)
The problem with plots getting dragged together has been fixed in 8.1. As for the crashes, the general stability has been improved and many crash bugs fixed but without knowing exactly what is causing your crashes I can't guarantee that your particular problem has been fixed for sure. But I would say that it is likely.

As for the release date I have no idea.

Message 7 of 8
(3,176 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,153 Views)