LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mixed signal graph plot area displayed

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a mixed signal graph with 2 plot areas and am trying to optimize flexibility with screen space and viewing.  Sometimes I want to see both plot areas in the display at half the height of the entire mix sig graph display and sometimes I need better resolution for viewing which makes me want to make one of the plot areas fill the entire graph viewing area and then just scroll down to see the other.

What is the best way fo doing this if I want to push a button to switch between these 2 views easily?  Do I use the view port size and bounds properties or something else?  (The View ports and bounds properties are not well defined dimensionally from what I can find either) 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,343 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author id

Hi,

You can accomplish this by using a combination of several property nodes.  You can use the PlotAreaSize property to manually set the size of the individual plots (not the viewport).  Note that you will need to use the ActPlotArea property to activate each plot before resizing it.  After setting the sizes of the plots, set the size of the viewport using the viewport->size->all items property.  

I would recommend using an event structure to modify the properties when you click the button to switch between the two views.  

Hope that helps.

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,314 Views)