LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mixed signal graph on wrong tab

Solved!
Go to solution

I have alarge program. In one of the sub VIs during the first execution a mixed signal graph appears on the wrong tab. If I clict on the second tab, whaere the graph should be, it look normal. If i go back to the first tab, the ghost image of the graph is gone.

Also, if I just let the program procede normally, in the second executionl, the ghost image is gone.

Is there anythign I can do to stop this behavior?

I already tried to reinstall previous versions od my software, but this keeps happening.

Scientia est potentia!
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,586 Views)

Why did you take a picture with your camera of the screen instead of just saving screenshots? The images are really low quality, so it would be easier to tell what the graphs look like, etc. with a screenshot.

If you can, please include a Snippet of your code, or attach your VIs, so that we can better assist you and maybe recreate the problem ourselves.

The "ghost" graphs don't look like the same ones as the first tab... They're different proportions and offset slightly. Are you sure you don't have some graphs that're not within the tab control, but in front of it instead? Can you click on the "ghost" graphs or manipulate them in any way while they're shown?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,584 Views)

James,

thank you for you attention.

The "ghost seems to be the same size as the black areas of the mixed signal graph on the second tab.

It seems to be under the smaller graphs on the left but over the graphs on the right.

It looks like the scree had not been refreshed completely.(?)

Clicking non the ghost does nothing.

I just noticed something thatmight be a clue.

If I drag the Front panel window out of the monitot view and I drag it back. the ghost disappears.

Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,565 Views)

If you can, please include a Snippet of your code, or attach your VIs, so that we can better assist you and maybe recreate the problem ourselves.

It might just be an issue with your computer's video card driver.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,562 Views)

The code is larger than 6MB. I don't think I can attach that here. 😞

But here is a snapshot of the code.

I also noticed that for some reason from one day to another some controls, indicators on the FP are touching each other.

On the block diagram several terminal and labels are now touching, partially covering each other.

I don't remeber doing anything that might cause that.

Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,555 Views)

I'm pretty sure you can still attach the code at 6MB. The reason for attaching the code is to see your front panel, so your screenshot doesn't help much. A Snippet is actually a LabVIEW feature that allows us to see a picture of the code AND import it.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,546 Views)

James,

You are right. The snippet for the complete sub VI is just around 3MB.

Here it is.

Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,525 Views)

With the snippet, I don't see the same issue you are showing. I would suggest attaching the VI.

Your VI is probably so large because you have default values saved on the graphs, so all of that data is included with the VI. You can clear graphs and set default again to drop that VI size down.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,511 Views)

Ok here is the VI. It is part of a larger project.

Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,506 Views)

Do I have to go each indicator/control one by one to remove the default values?

Is there a way to remove all defaults of ll controls  in a VI with one operation?

Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,498 Views)