From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing vision folder in vi.lib

Hi everyone,

I'm still very new to Labview and here is the problem I'm dealing with:

I'm using a labview code that requires the folder "vision" in the "vi.lib" folder. I think I need to install a specific driver called "IMAQ vision" in order to get this folder but I'm not entirely sure. Plus I'm not sure which IMAQ driver needs to be installed and if they only work with a specific hardware PCI or else...

My current configuration is Labview 2014 64 bit; Windows 7 64bit; no specific card (PXI?) is installed...

I'm a bit lost as you can see and would appreciate any help!!

Many thanks,

Renaud

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,531 Views)

Start Here

Then read the Release notes HERE

Those should give you an idea of the types of hardware supported and systems available.  If you have more details we can give more specific answers if the info is not clear from the reading material

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,517 Views)

Hi Renaud,

The following link will tell you  what driver you need to install:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DB928F6D5E9D6B97862579A7006B2850

For example if you are using a LabVIEW version of 2011 and newer please install these drivers:
http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-august-2014-f1/4974/en/ 

Otherwise use the first link to identify the driver version and find the supported drivers here:
http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/ps/30/sn/catnav:du,n8:13.79.782...

After doing that you will have to restart your computer for them to take effect

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Art
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,484 Views)

Thanks for those fast answers!

This is exactly what I was looking for.

I have another question though:

If I install 2 different versions of Labview, e.g Labview 2012 (32bit) and Labview 2012 (64bit) on the same disk partition, would they somehow have an impact/conflict on each other on a driver and harware basis?

If yes, would it then be wiser to partitionate the disk and put each version of Labview on a different partition? 

Best,

Renaud

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,456 Views)

Hi Renaud,

There should not be any conflict. Have you experienced one?

Regards,

Art
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,452 Views)

Hi Arturs,

No I haven't installed Labview 2012 64bit yet because I wasn't sure about this and a previous person was using Labview 2012 32bit and I didn't wanted to disturb his configuration by installing the 64 bit version but if there is no conflict then I will go ahead!

Many thanks,

Renaud

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,447 Views)

Hi again,

I do have another question concerning the Hardware.

When I look at the 'Data and Interfaces' in "Measurement & Automation explore", I can see several: ASRL#::INSTR "COM#" (Where # is a number).

Now, I am sure that all those "COM#" are connected to my Harware but I don't know which "COM#" is connected to which hardware. I tried to switch the different Hardware 'on' and 'off' but I don't see any difference in Measurement & Automation explorer...

Can anyone help me out here??

I hope that my problem is understandable

many thanks,

Best,

Renaud 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,319 Views)
It is a waste of time turning an instrument on or off since MAX does not do any automatic communication to an instrument. All it can do is detect the ports in the pc. If you have USB-serial converters, you can disconnect the USB cable. The simplest though, is to I use MAX to actually send commands/receive data. This just requires you to open the programming manual (which you need to do in any case), and figure out what can be used to uniquely identify each instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,312 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I do encounter another problem though: I created an "AO Voltage" virtual channel in the Block diagram and when I create a DAQmx Physical Channel Control on the front pannel, it only recognizes the "ai" from my DAQboard and not the "ao" ... (my DAQ is the PXI 6259)

Can you please help me out here?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Renaud

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,149 Views)