From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing subroutines

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am installing an open source .exe file built up using LabView. Here are the versions of softwares it requires

LabVIEW 7.1.1
NI-IMAQ 3.1.3
IMAQ Vision 7.1.1
Matlab 7.0 (R14)

After the intalling, the computer showed I already had the following NI products:

NI IMAQ Vision Run-Time Engine 7.1.1

NI LabView Run-Time Engine 7.0

NI LabView Run-Time Engine 7.1.1

NI Measurement & Automation Explorer 3.1.1

NI-IMAQ 3.1.3

However  when I started the programm, I received30-40 error messages saying that some subroutines cannot be found. Here are the first several ones:

Missing subVI SessionLookUp.vi in VI IMAQ Stop.vi.

Missing subVI imgSessionStopAcquisition.vi in VI IMAQ Stop.vi.

Missing subVI imgSessionStatus.vi in VI IMAQ Status.vi.

Missing subVI SessionLookUp.vi in VI IMAQ Status.vi.

The .exe file is built up with Windows XP, and I am using Windows Vista.

Can you guys help me to fix the problem or give me some suggestion? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,578 Views)
Solution
Accepted by BladeKing

The missing subVIs you have listed should have been installed with NI-IMAQ. You have a few options, one is to repair the NI-IMAQ driver (Start > Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs > National Instruments Software > NI-IMAQ, select Change/Remove then Repair). You could also just uninstall and reinstall the driver, where instead of Repair you choose Remove. Then you can install the version 3.1.3 driver from http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/758/lang/en

A better option is to install a newer version (version 3.7.1) of the driver, http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/357/lang/en . At this point the driver installer is bundled with other drivers and called Vision Acquisition Software. Run this installer and only select NI-IMAQ for installation.
This is the oldest version that supports Vista. We do make changes to VIs periodically to fix bugs or add features. Therefore, my only concern is that the exe is using a VI that we have updated and this may cause problems when using a newer driver. But definitely worth a shot.

Does this make sense?

--Michelle

National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,534 Views)
Thank you, Michelle. I think the new driver solved the problem. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,503 Views)
Glad to hear it worked!
--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,481 Views)