LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing Vision and Motion functions

Hello, I have problems with my student version Labview. I need to use function from Vision and motion usb camera and others, but my labview dont have this functions. Where can be problem??...I try to install NI Imaq dx, but still nothing. I really need help with this problem and detailed instruction please.visionnn.png

Message 1 of 10
(11,648 Views)

I don't know which toolkits are licensed for Student use, but it wouldn't surprise me if IMAQdx was not.  I know that it requires a run-time license to run executables built using IMAQdx (or it did a few years ago).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(11,625 Views)

Hi VanDerTuch,

It looks like you have not installed the Vision Acquisition Software. You can download the driver from the website, and you will need to get a license to use from your IT department or NI license admin.

NI Vision Acquisition Software February 2015

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-february-2015/5149/en/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(11,591 Views)

I tried many drivers and I installed Vision AS, Vision Motion and still nothing. I have lot of new imaq function, but USB camera no. Can you help me what i can do?

Imaq

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(11,572 Views)

As NI has already told you, NI Vision requires a separate license and needs to be separately activated.  Without it, you will not have the Camera Drivers active, and the IMAQdx Palette of functions will be largely empty.  You can do a quick test, yourself -- open the Vision Palette and look at the IMAQdx sub-Palette -- is it populated with a bunch of functions, or is it largely blank space?  If the latter, the Vision Software is not activated.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(11,562 Views)

Thank you, you are right, but i have only one question. I downloaded Vision and use a licence from Labview edition and Vision is function...and How get I new licence for Vision assistant and how i can extend it? because i dont see any student version vision on NI....at the moment i have one licence for labview and Vision.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(11,550 Views)

You can go to the NI License Manager and activate the Vision software with your separate licence. The License Manager can be accessed from the Windows Start menu. See below for more information on how to do this.

Activating a Product

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371136H-01/nilm/html/activating/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(11,532 Views)

Hello!

I would like to bump up this topic since I face the same problem as VanDerTuch. The "Vision and Motion" window is empty, I cannot find out how to solve it. I'd like to say that I'm currently running on an activated student edition and I also installed and successfully activate the "Vision Acquisition Software February 2015" (until May 2016). 

license_1.jpg

license_2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(11,396 Views)

As you should have seen on the read me, that version does not support LabVIEW 2015. LabVIEW 2015 was released in August so you'll have to download a more recent version.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(11,382 Views)

Denis is correct. That version doesn't support LabVIEW 2015. Please see the link below to download the latest version of the Vision Acquisition software.

NI Vision Acquisition Software August 2015 f1

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-august-2015-f1/5486/en/

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(11,318 Views)