From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfsk Digital modulation and demodulation

@billiards wrote:

good idea Lynn but i new to labview. So kind of hard to create such VI and not sure which component to use. 😞  How do we add in coherent error as you mention in the previous reply? Are you able to create a complete VI for me? I'm so lost.

There are some pretty good examples that demonstrate how this is done using NI hardware (PXI 5660, 567x...) but, you will need the Modulation Tool kit and the Spectral measurements toolkits installed.  Both of these have support for LabVIEW 8.6 but make sure you really have version 8.6.1 as there were bug fixes in the -1 release that impacted the toolkits.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(552 Views)

hi jeff, thanks for your reply. currently i'm using 8.6 and i have modulation kit but not spectral measurement kit. Where can i get it? And PXI5660 is a soft ware or hard ware or a file? Where can i view them? Maybe you can show me the link jeff.

Regards

andy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(545 Views)

the 5660 is  RF signal analyzer  hardware

the SM toolkit is found HERE

The toolkits are used to work with the hardware for "real-world" solutions.  It sounds like you just want to simulate a q-FSK signal so the examples from the Modulation toolkit would only serve as a resource showing how it would be done in hardware-  Yet, the modulation scheme is the same Smiley Wink so you just need to "virtualize" the examples.

You may want to install the "bug fix" for 8.6 (8.6.1) though-  I don't exactly recall the bugs that related to the MT but I do know I needed the patch to "fix" a third- party app I integrated into a system back when it came out.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(533 Views)