cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merging daq to read 2 or more input data at once

Solved!
Go to solution

hello all

im using ni usb 6009 to control more then 2 incoming signal. 

the problem is i cannot read 2 signals at once. 1 of my daq assistance will apeared to be error. 

so, how can i adjust the .vi (attached below) so that it could read more than 1 signal from the daq?

i have also tried to do separated daq assistance but error. i have also try to merge both signal with different port (a1 and a0)

can anyone help?

undergraduate local student inspired to use LabView for final year project
nubies here need guidance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,292 Views)

hafiz wrote:

hello all

im using ni usb 6009 to control more then 2 incoming signal. 

the problem is i cannot read 2 signals at once. 1 of my daq assistance will apeared to be error. 

so, how can i adjust the .vi (attached below) so that it could read more than 1 signal from the daq?

i have also tried to do separated daq assistance but error. i have also try to merge both signal with different port (a1 and a0)

can anyone help?

Gosh being in school must be the hard way to learn!

<Trying not to win the "Grumpy old man of the day award" but...>

Start> All Programs>National Instruments>NI DAQ> DAQmx Help.  (NI offers a great suite of help files- and you might mant to use them)

Tasks in NI-DAQmx

A task is a collection of one or more virtual channels with timing, triggering, and other properties. Conceptually, a task represents a measurement or generation you want to perform. All channels in a task must be of the same I/O type, such as analog input or counter output. However, a task can include channels of different measurement types, such as an analog input temperature channel and an analog input voltage channel. With some devices, you can include channels from multiple devices in a task. To perform a measurement or a generation with a task, follow these steps:

1. Create or load a task. You can create tasks interactively with the DAQ Assistant or programmatically in your ADE such as LabVIEW or LabWindows/CVI.
  2. Configure the channel, timing, and triggering properties as necessary.
  3. Optionally, perform various task state transitions to prepare the task to perform the specified operation.
  4. Read or write samples.
  5. Clear the task.

If appropriate for your application, repeat steps 2 through 4. For instance, after reading or writing samples, you can reconfigure the virtual channel, timing, or triggering properties and then read or write additional samples based on this new configuration.

If properties need to be set to values other than their defaults for your task to be successful, your program must set these properties every time it executes. For example, if you run a program that sets property A to a nondefault value and follow that with a second program that does not set property A, the second program uses the default value of property A. The only way to avoid setting properties programmatically each time a program runs is to use virtual channels and/or tasks created in the DAQ Assistant.

See Also

You want more than 1 channel assigned to the task.  so configure the task to use more than one channel

<OK - give me the GOM award>

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,274 Views)

You cannot use multiple DAQ Assistant to access single DAQ device analog input.

Use only one DAQ Assistant, and add more channels to solve the problem.

Message 3 of 7
(3,260 Views)
If you searched the forums for the error code number you received, I bet you would have found the answer.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,257 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hafiz

thnx for replying

frankly,i have gone through all tutorials and searched for the answers in forum and finding that i have difficulties in understanding the technical language..i have been looking for users of labview everywhere and could not find anyone who could guide me thoroughly..im desperately need guidance..not to lost hope trying to find the answer but some kind of feedback is that by giving advices like u need to take the driver seat..fyi..i am taking the driver seat..now this look like a true nubie needs help..

is there any step by step order so that i could add more than 1 channels in 1 daq assistance?..i have done it before but error occurs. 

for example i want to create channel 1  for reading resistance value and channel 2 for reading voltage...but what happened when i create more than 2 channel is that only 1st channel located will be configure in the block diagram..both channal will only give data for the resistance value.

sorry for my broken english.

undergraduate local student inspired to use LabView for final year project
nubies here need guidance.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,229 Views)

If you want to create multiple channels of the same type, follow the directions at the bottom of the page where you select the signals. It says right there, <Ctrl> or <Shift> click to select multiple channels. Your original code does not make any sense where you have the same channel for resistance and voltage

If you already have a channel (i.e. resistance), open the DAQ Assistant and at the top of the page, click 'Add Channels'. You can then add a channel of a different type. For your resistance measurement, how are you providing the current? The 6009 does not provide it.

Since your question is unanswered, why did you mark it as solved? You should change it by clicking on 'Options'.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,222 Views)
Try split signal function to split signal from each channel.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,187 Views)