LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring the frequency using PCI 6221 Daq card

Hi

I want to find the frequency of an external signal.

How can i do that give me some idea or example.

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,357 Views)

Two usual ways:

Use the counter input. (good for clean signals, keeps the analog inputs free, doesn't need lot's of computation)

Got to Help / Find examples ... / Hardware Input and Output / Counter Measurements/ Digital Frequency /

Use the analog input and use signalprocessing vis to extract the tone frequency and phase

How does your signal look like?(sine,square, amplitude, offset, noise, ?? )

Frequency range?

Needed resolution?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,351 Views)

Hi Henrik

I tried that example its working fine, but i need to diaplay that singnal in graph.

And one more is how can i start(Trigger) the measurement(frequency measurement).

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,344 Views)

If you need to capture the waveform look at the aquire waveform examples and add the

Extract Single Tone Information VI

Owning Palette: Waveform Measurements VIs

Requires: Full Development System

Takes a signal in, finds the single tone with the highest amplitude or searches a specified frequency range, and returns the single tone frequency, amplitude, and phase. The input signal can be real or complex and single-channel or multichannel. Wire data to the time signal in input to determine the polymorphic instance to use or manually select the instance.

(copied from the help)

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,336 Views)