LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring resistance using Labview and sc-2345

I have a temp sender that I need to measure variable resistance as it changes do to change in Temp. I planned on placing it in a water bath and heating it gradually. Recording temperature and resistance as the temp increased. My question is what hardware to use in the SC-2345. The resitance range is 16.1 to 153.9 Ohms.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,856 Views)
Hi,

Is the temperature sensor an RTD? You may want to use the SCC-RTD01 module in the 2345. Also do you have a DAQ card with the 2345?

Hope this helps!

Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments India

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
Measurement Fundamentals
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,843 Views)
Daq 6062e . Temperature sensor a side . How can I measure resistance using the sc-2345?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,835 Views)
Hi,

If you use the RTD01 module, it will allow you to directly convert the resistance to a temperature. The RTD01 provides you with an excitation that will be passed into the resistor and then measured on your DAQ card.

Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments India

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
Measurement Fundamentals
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,822 Views)
I am not trying to read the temperature I am trying to read the resistance. The application i have converts the resistance to temperature on a gage. Differnet temp sensor give out different resistance at different temp. I am trying to match a sensor with the preset gage. So I need to measure resistance.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,817 Views)
You should be able to use a NI SCC-CO20 to source a precision current to the DUT (device under test).  You could then use one of the Analog Input modules to read the voltage across the DUT and calculate the resistance.

Resistance = Voltage across DUT / current supplied to DUT

This works because the resistance range you need to cover is within the sourcing capabilities of the SCC-CO20.  Make sure to select the analog input module with the right input voltage range.

You could also put a precision known resistance in series with DUT and apply a known voltage across the two.  Use an analog input to monitor voltage across the known resistance and calculate resistance of DUT. 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,809 Views)