From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring digital signals coming from the HSDIO (PXI-6542) with the DMM (PXI-4070)

Hello,

in attachment you can find the program I'm using for my measurement: I'm generating and acquiring digital signals with the PXI-6542 and at some trigger point of one of those digital signals I'd like to capture the measured values on a plot with the Digital MultiMeter (PXI-4070).
It does work if you configure the generation repeat mode as continuous, but if you do have a finite repetition (repeat count is 1) it doesn't react on the trigger, as if it can't find a trigger. On the other hand, if you have a finite repeat count of 30 or more it does react and triggers correctly again.

First I though it had something to do with autocalibration before the measurement takes place, but If you do a highlight execution (stepping through the program) it looks like it measures before the generation session is initialized.

Is there a way to measure correctly when the repeat count is only 1?

Thanks in advance,

Jürgen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,064 Views)