From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measured data frm labview to be saved in a databank

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello again.. I hope I am in the right forum to be asking this.. Im working with another project which requires me to use LabView software (apart from the other project about welding process)..

This project is a bout solar cell which will give me certain current and voltage values according to certain irradiation... So far, the measured data are presented and saved as excel file..

However, i need to do another backup concept, to make sure that the measured datas obtained are saved in another way in to make sure it wont be lost.. (i hope my explanation makes sense..:-s) ..

My question is, is it posible to save the measured data in a LabView Databank??

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,375 Views)

What do you mean by a "LabVIEW Databank"? Are you referring to a database? If so, you can use the Database Connectivity Toolkit that NI sells. Or, if you can't afford it, you can try the free LabSQL.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,372 Views)

For the photovoltaic modules test, i will run the program using LabView software.. For each test done, it will give me a results which is presented in an excel data.. (Like attached below).. However, i will run more than 1 test on this module.. 

So my question is, how do i save all these results together in one databank/ database.. is there a way? :-s im an IT Blind so hope my question make sense..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,352 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author apapa

Is there a way? Yes, but it requires you to create the database, define the tables in the database and then upload the data. There is no auto-magic way to convert the Excel workbooks into a database. The Database Connectivity Toolkit (or LabSQL) is used to upload the data into the database, but the database has to be defined and created by you. If you don't know how to do this then you can either learn how to do it or you can hire someone to do the job fo you.

Can you do it yourself? Maybe. You'd really need to sit down with some primers on databases first so you understand the concept, purpose, and uses of the them. You'd also need to decide what database system to use. Will you use Microsoft Access or something like SQL Server (or MySQL)? Either way you'd need to sit down with some tutorials.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,345 Views)