From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measure displacements with lasers riftek triangulation

Hi everyone, 

I am new on labview and I want to read the displacements of a laser triangulation by using Riftek lasers.... I am using the NI cDaq -9172 and the module Ni 9203... I have already research the subject but I don't find many information about it... anyone knows how to do it ?

thank you, 

Ana 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,878 Views)

Your question is a bit generic. Could you be more specific? (signals you have to acquire, how is the measurement system. ...)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,860 Views)

A quick google and it appears that many Riftek devices offer digital comms, either RS232, RS485 or ethernet. Why not use one of these and avoid the need for an ADC altogether?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,836 Views)
Hi,

I will do impact tests, so the lasers will measure the displacements that the impact tests will do on a beam... I already connected a laser to the daq with the Ni 9203 and the scaled the current input to mm based on the specification data of the riftek laser...

My problem now is that the signal has a lot of noise, specially with the incresing of the sample rate... do you have any sugestions to solve this ?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,780 Views)