LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measure ac peak to peak in labview basic

Hi i am looking to measure the peak to peak voltage of an ac signal in labview basic 8.6. 

Unfortunately I do not have the amplitude and measurement levels express VI. which does this queit nicely.

Is there another way to measure the peak to peak voltage of an ac signal just like this vi can? Is there a vi posted somwhere which i have not found which someone has solced this issue before.

Thanks in advance for any help or assistance.

Kevg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,492 Views)
Find the max value and min value in your array of data and subtract?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,482 Views)

Ravens Fan is spot on with this one, finding the peak to peak of a signal is not too hard at all. If you are using the DAQ Assistant just wire the signal output to the 'Array Max & Min' function and it will automatically insert the convert from dynamic data function for you. If you are using the DAQmx functions you will need a Get Waveforms Componants function or just read the data as an array straight away.

peak to peak.JPG

Hope this helps

Rich

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,465 Views)
The only possible issue with this ideal solution is that it works if you have an ideal signal. With noise added to the signal you will likely get a number that's slightly off. Whether or not that's an issue depends on several factors, including, but not limited to: (a) the SNR, (b) sampling rate, (c) accuracy requirements.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,461 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the code it did the trick alright. But noise is a small bit of problem but i am going to run a loop and sample over a period of time and average the values, this should limit the noise variations of the signal.

Thanks

Kevg.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,442 Views)