From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mathscript node errors due to not being able to find .m files

I recently installed LV 8.5.1 and tried to open a VI with a mathscript node (originally created with LV 8.2).  It got a broken arrow due to an unrecognized symbol in the node which was the name of a matscript function in a .m file of the same name.  And this worked fine with 8.2.  I updated the mathscript: search paths 'Working Directory' both in the mathscript window and the main app Tools->Options list.  I exited and re-started, but to no avail.  And I made sure to add it as a 'recursive' search folder, even though my file is right at the top.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,086 Views)

Extra bit of info I just found out:  If I open up the VI by itself, it works.  I see the issue only if I open it up from within the project window.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,070 Views)

Hello Umars,

In LabVIEW 8.5 you won't be able to use user defined functions if you are you using a Base Package.  Regardless of which package you are using you may find the LabVIEW help file informative.

Calling User-Defined Functions from LabVIEW MathScript (Windows, Not in Base Package)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvconcepts/calling_udf/ 

David A

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,060 Views)