From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mathematical algorithm

Hello Experts,

I am trying to create a labview VI for mathematical algorithm represented in the attached picture. Please give your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Ravi

algorithm.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,593 Views)

Hi ravi,

and what is your problem?

Where are you stuck?

What have you done/tried so far?

Did you forget to attach your VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 10
(3,590 Views)

Hi GerdW;

I have made a simple VI for the alogirthm. But I dont know where I use the summation to get all values.Please suggest me  whether I can use a loop for the iteration for summation of values?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,564 Views)

Hi Ravi,

there's a "Sum" function in the mathematics palette. Just use it!

How big are your arrays? Do you really need the "MultiCore Sparse Matrix" functions? You have "basic" matrix functions in the Mathematics palette!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 10
(3,551 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I am looking for the correlation of two images to find the displacement in nanometers for the MEMS structure. I have a paper stating the following method for calculation for this purpose. I am attaching the paper for this reason. Please check once and help me if you have more better solution.

Best Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,542 Views)

Hi Ravi,

just an idea:

check.png

This should be correct for u=v=0 (no displacement of G image. Different values of u/v means you need to shift the G array accordingly…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 10
(3,529 Views)

I need to apply convolution instead of multiplication.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,509 Views)

@ravirocks43 wrote:

Hi GerdW,

I am looking for the correlation of two images to find the displacement in nanometers for the MEMS structure. I have a paper stating the following method for calculation for this purpose. I am attaching the paper for this reason. Please check once and help me if you have more better solution.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Well, although this paper is flawed by the information it omits, it at least makes clear(er) what it is you are trying to do.  You might consider posting a question about "How do I do a correlation of two related images" in the Vision forum ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,498 Views)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361L-01/lvanls/convolution/

there are functions for convolution in the full development suite

maybe they help

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,486 Views)

Convolution is not the same as Cross-Correlation (Time's Arrow is reversed).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,426 Views)