LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

market share

Hi Dennis,

That story tops mine! Thanks for sharing, and I am glad that the company remained "nameless". Although I have reason to cheer for the LV victories that "nameless" company still owes me a retirement.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 13
(1,586 Views)

I agree with Dennis.

My experience with the two was with the RF world.  We developped test sw using LV whereas the client did it using VEE.  I was very glad we took the LV approach as there are limitations with VEE.  One of which was to take screen captured from a SpectrumAnalyzer and transmit the image over GPIB.  The client wanted the same feature but could not do it.

I must admit that I'm not a fan of VEE, and agree with Dennis that I would also starve if I was in that camp.  As a matter of fact, I never had to use VEE in my career.  There appears to be very few people who use it.  From what I hear (among collegues), places that used VEE have since converted to LV or CVI.  VB is not very popular either.

JLV
Message 12 of 13
(1,518 Views)
I learned VEE before I learned Labview because I inherited an optical test system that was written in VEE.  When I finally got started with Labview, it was like a whole new world.  I took on an RF project, wrote a small test in both languages.  VEE was a pain, couldn't get it to do what I wanted properly.  Labview was a breeze.  I would never go back to VEE.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 13 of 13
(1,461 Views)