cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making the executable(.exe) file of 'labview 2013' vi for 32 bit windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello there,

can any body convert the Labview 2013 vi files to the .exe format for 32bit windows7?

I have attached the files herein.

Thanks in advance.

Binod Kafle
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,288 Views)

If you are using LV 32-bit, your executable should be usable in Win7 regardless of the Windows "bit-ness".

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,267 Views)

Thanks,

But I am using labview 64 bit where I programmed the Vi and now I have to use this vi in a old computer with 32 bit windows7 computer, that is someway associated with a laboratory equipment. I tried to install the labview in the computer, but I was not allowed to do that by the very high security of the system. Basically installing any program is prohibited in this computer, due to which I am asking help.

Binod Kafle
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,252 Views)

Hi binod,

Basically installing any program is prohibited in this computer, due to which I am asking help.

So what's the point of creating an exe from your VI when you cannot install this one on the lab computer?

Unless you really need the 64bit version of LabVIEW (due to IMAQ or big data handling) you should install the 32bit version on your development computer!

Btw. I'm unsure about the license agreement I had to sign when installing LabVIEW. Are we even allowed to create executables for other people, when they don't have the needed version/license on their own?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,246 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi binod,

Basically installing any program is prohibited in this computer, due to which I am asking help.

So what's the point of creating an exe from your VI when you cannot install this one on the lab computer?

Unless you really need the 64bit version of LabVIEW (due to IMAQ or big data handling) you should install the 32bit version on your development computer!

Btw. I'm unsure about the license agreement I had to sign when installing LabVIEW. Are we even allowed to create executables for other people, when they don't have the needed version/license on their own?

The answer to that is a most serious "YES! I charge for that!"Smiley Wink

Now, Your EULA may differ.and the License may actually be owned by your employer! So, unless you have your own license (read that as "I paid for it not some third party") don't risk your job by using their license or machines for non-authorized use.

Disclaimer: I am not a legal professional and this is not intended as legal advice.  I just make a living doing that stuff.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 9
(4,242 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion 🙂

I just want to save my 1 day or my be 2 days to remove the current labview 64bit and reinstalling 32 bit, and again removing it and reinstalling 64bit. Except few instrumental devices others are the 64 bit. So I have to again come back to 64bit labview.

Binod Kafle
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,241 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author binodkafleko@yahoo.com

binodkafleko@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion 🙂

I just want to save my 1 day or my be 2 days to remove the current labview 64bit and reinstalling 32 bit, and again removing it and reinstalling 64bit. Except few instrumental devices others are the 64 bit. So I have to again come back to 64bit labview.

You don't need to uninstall.  32 bit and 64 bit LabVIEW can sit side-by-side on a 64bit development machine. (Obviously 64 bit doesn't install on a 32 bit OS)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,231 Views)

Hi Jeff,

I should have included this: "for free without knowing the license state of the OP for sure".

I do sell software too...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,212 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Jeff,

I should have included this: "for free without knowing the license state of the OP for sure".

I do sell software too...

Its post like that that make it hard to stay inside the Forums "terms of service" agreement clause against advertising service for profit.

Advice is free- work product costs.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,197 Views)