LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making labview .vi file to exe file

hi all,

i am using labview 8.5 professional version. how to made the labview vi file to exe file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(4,778 Views)
Start by reading the instructions. Open the help and find the topic stand-alone applications>building(how-to). There is also a building(example) topic.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(4,775 Views)

Simple Answer :

Click Tools >> Build Application or  Shared Library (DLL)

However, you should  take Dennis' advice and read up on the subject.

You have to be careful so you build the .exe correctly so it works on other machines.

Message Edited by Cory K on 01-09-2009 11:01 AM
Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(4,748 Views)

Cory K wrote:

Simple Answer :

Click Tools >> Build Application or  Shared Library (DLL)

That only applies to LabVIEW 7.x. In LabVIEW 8.x (the poster mentioned 8.5) the process is completely different.

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 01-09-2009 11:08 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(4,744 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:

That only applies to LabVIEW 7.x. In LabVIEW 8.x (the poster mentioned 8.5) the process is completely different.

I forgot to check on 8.5. The computer that I usually use (and am using now) runs 7.1. 

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(4,741 Views)
i think i have find the way to make the exe file. however, i hv problem with my lvm file. how to make the lvm file can be detected by the exe file (when exe file running will save the data to the lvm file)?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(4,710 Views)

mic_k86 a écrit:
i think i have find the way to make the exe file. however, i hv problem with my lvm file. how to make the lvm file can be detected by the exe file (when exe file running will save the data to the lvm file)?
Right-click the lvm file, then "Open with...", select your .exe application and make it the default application. 

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(4,692 Views)
Out of curiosity, how were you expecting to build an EXE out of a VI? Did you expect a menu to be present? A toolbar button?
George M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(4,644 Views)

How do i convert a vi file to exe file in Lab VIEW 7.0?

It is easy in 7.1 by clicking Tools>>Bild application or Shared Library(DLL).

or

Is there any way to convert vi file to exe file in 7.1 version which can be opened in 7.0 version?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(4,532 Views)

Do you have the Application Builder for 7.0, or the Professional edition (which includes the Application Builder)? If so, the process is the same. Again, check the documentation.

Once you build the app in 7.1 you cannot "open" it with the development environment in 7.0. It's an executable, not a VI.  Note that this is different from saving VIs for a previous version. Is this what you actually want to do?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(4,516 Views)